Saturday, September 6, 2008

First Steps!



Rachel started "walking" last weekend. These are videos of her first steps. She loves using her walker/stroller and goes all around the house. She does better off camera. I guess she is camera shy!


7 comments:

Nelson Nitwits said...

That's nuts! Hyrum isn't even crawling yet and Rachel is only 6 weeks older than he is. Watch out Olympics, we have a rising star!

Genevieve

Hoyt & Makala said...

Lisa! I had no idea you were living in Texas, we live in Houston. Can't believe how grown-up your family is. You and Aaron look like you are doing great! If you live close by we should get together some time!

Ericsonfam said...

How fun that Rachel is walking. i love that we can see pics and videos this way. Sorry we keep playing phone tag. One of these times we will catch eachother. Love your blog

Mike and Adrianne said...

Yeah! It is so fun when they start walking.

Carolina said...

Alex is just about to walk--he took his first steps last night. I'm afraid of how much easier it's going to be fore him to slip out of my view!

Ashley said...

That is just about the cutest thing ever! I LOVE when they start walking! Every milestone is a new adventure that brings so much excitement! I just love little Rachel; she has the sweetest spirit about! I seriously fell in love with her this last June and miss all of you guys so much! When will we see you next? Were you affected much by Ike?

Nelson Nitwits said...

Hey, me again...Here's a tag if you'd like to do it. Come on, you've got to have some fun quirks! Or, maybe I could think of some from childhood... total obedience to tyranical siblings comes to mind... :)

Loni tagged me, and this sounded like fun. Here are the rules:

Rules: Link the person who tagged you. Mention the rules on your blog. Tell 6 unspectacular quirky things about you or your family. Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them. Leave a comment on each of the tagged bloggers' blogs letting them know they have been tagged.

Quirky things about the Nelson Nitwits:

1. Jared - Jared may very possibly have 4 kidneys, 2 bladders, multiple ureters, etc. (Family genetic thing) :)
2. Genevieve - I can go through 3/4 gallon of milk per day all by myself. Yeah, I earn back our Costco membership fee pretty quickly!
3. Leah - Leah has a million different ideas for any topic imaginable. For instance, when Jared was designing both the dog house and the pantry, Leah immediately got out paper and began drafting her own visions of what could be. I asked her for suggestions for what I could make her for lunch, and she immediately went to work on drafting a menu. I did look at it, but got quickly overwhelmed.
4. Kaitlyn - Kaitlyn holds her belly button for comfort. I asked her why she does this and she said it keeps her fingers warm.
5. Hyrum - Hyrum sleeps best if his hands are touching both Jared and me. Basically this means that Hyrum has our bed and we're often both clutching the edges for dear life. He has slept spread eagle to touch both of us pretty much since birth. Yes, we do put him in his crib to start out with...
6. Jaycee - Jaycee has a wonderful dog house that Jared built which is fully insulated, has a shingled, hinged roof (for easy cleaning if necessary), a built in spot for food and water so they can't spill, etc. and the dumb dog won't go in it!

There you go. I tag Lisa, Andrea, Megan, Laura, Jessica, Heather, and anyone else who would get a kick out of doing this!